Vecchio, Anthony J.
My entire career has been dedicated to defending those accused of criminal and serious motor vehicle violations. Many of these matters included charges that could have carried extensive time in prison and prolonged driver’s license suspensions. I am passionate about providing personalized, thorough, and effective representation to individuals in crisis.
I have also defended clients against DWI charges across the state of New Jersey. Most of these cases involved breath testing from either the now-outdated Breathalyzer or currently used Alcotest machines. However, I have also defended blood and urine DWI cases which require a special level of expertise in both constitutional principles and state laboratory procedure. In some cases there are no chemical test results, requiring aggressive cross-examination of the arresting police officers.
After handling over 1,000 combined criminal, municipal court, and appellate cases, I have gained the experience necessary to defend you against every type of adult or juvenile case. Give my office a call so we can discuss the issues and possible defenses in your case.
Professional Award and Ratings
- Included in Super Lawyers – Rising Star listing, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015**
- “10/10 – Superb” on Avvo.com*
- Included in National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013*
- Former Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Donald G. Collester, Jr., J.A.D., retired
- New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Bar Association
- Monmouth Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, Criminal Appellate Section
- New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender, Office of Parental Representation
Other Past Experience
- Camden County Prosecutor’s Office, Court Certified Legal Intern
- New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, Investigation Intern
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Legal Intern
Academic Awards and Achievements
- Editorial Board, Dictum, N.J. Bar Young Lawyers Div. Newsletter
- Articles Editor, Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Charles Richter Memorial Award, Ricter Consulting, Inc.
- Association for Public Interest Legal Grant
- Daniel B. Toll Memorial Award
- Alumni Scholarship Award
- Governor’s Scholarship Award