Havel, Linda H.
Linda H. Havel grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, where she attended and graduated from the Girls Preparatory School. Ms. Havel graduated from Vanderbilt University in 1988 with a B.A. in English and received her J.D. from Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville in 1994.
During law school, Ms. Havel was one of two full-time law clerks for the United States Attorneys’ office for the Western District of Kentucky. Upon graduating law school in 1994, she was admitted to the Kentucky Bar and practiced with Tilford Dobbins Alexander Buckaway and Black. Ms. Havel relocated to Oahu, HI, where she lived for three years handling criminal appellate law as well as employment discrimination cases in federal court. While in Hawaii, Ms. Havel worked 160 pro bono hours for the Pacific Trial Service Office at Pearl Harbor (JAG) for which she received an award from the Kentucky Bar.
In 1999, Ms. Havel was admitted to the Indiana State Bar and joined a Lafayette, Indiana law firm where she stayed for approximately ten years working as a trial attorney handling serious personal injury matters, wrongful death, premises liability, business litigation, and condemnation law. In January 2012, Ms. Havel formed Havel Law Office, PC, and focuses her practice almost exclusively in the area of Plaintiff's personal injury litigation.
Ms. Havel has 22 years of litigation experience and is admitted to practice in state and federal court in Kentucky and Indiana including the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii. She is a member of the Indiana and Kentucky State Bar Associations. In 2006, she was appointed a Kentucky Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky. From 2008 through 2011, Ms. Havel was a Fellow with the Litigation Council of America.
Ms. Havel is a member of the Million-Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. She has an impressive list of verdicts and settlements and is known for her tenacity and perseverance in litigating cases on behalf of clients.
Educational and Professional Credentials:
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1988
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, J.D., 1994
- Admitted: Kentucky State Bar, 1994; Indiana State Bar, 1999;
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky;
U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana;
U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, Oahu, HI
- Adjunct Faculty Positions: Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, The University of Kentucky at JCC, Louisville, KY; Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, Hawaii Pacific University, Oahu, HI
- Member: Kentucky Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association
- Registered Civil Mediator, 2012
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification: Construction Industry Safety Training Class (February 2014)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2008 - 2012
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar and Million Dollar Advocates Forum