Elkie, Tait D
Tait D. Elkie is owner and founder of Fountain Hills Law Firm located in Fountain Hills, Arizona, and has been a licensed trial attorney in private practice since 2002. He has held numerous positions in the legal field prior to becoming a lawyer, and has gained a tremendous amount of experience since he first entered the legal field in 1994. His law firm currently serves a diverse client base in the practice areas of Estate Planning, Criminal Defense, DUI & Traffic Defense, and Personal Injury in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, including Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, as well as Payson and Gila County.
Mr. Elkie is a graduate of Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona
where he earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Justice Studies in
1997. He then attended California Western School of Law in San Diego,
California where he earned his Juris Doctor Degree in 2002.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Elkie served in the United States Marine Corps for four years where he earned the rank of Sergeant and was honorably discharged in 1993. During his service in the Marine Corps, Mr. Elkie served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and also in Operation Restore Hope in Somalia.
Mr. Elkie is licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, United States Supreme Court, and the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Tribal Court.
Mr. Elkie has been recognized by his clients and peers for his
outstanding legal skills and ethical practices. In addition to being
recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates, Mr. Elkie was also voted Attorney of the Month by Attorney at Law Magazine, recognized as a Sustaining Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, and recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Elkie has been extensively involved in the local community and has prided himself on his commitment to Fountain Hills. He has served as Vice Mayor of the Town of Fountain Hills, President of the Fountain Hills Republican Club, President of Sunset Kiwanis, Teen Court and Law for Kids mentor, Judge Advocate for the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post #7507, and a member of the American Legion, Post #58.
• Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 1997, Bachelor of Science Degree in Justice Studies
• California Western School of Law, San Diego, California, 2002, Juris Doctor
• State Bar of Arizona
• United States District Court, District of Arizona
• United State Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
• Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Tribal Court
Memberships and Certifications
• The American Society of Legal Advocates, Member
• Arizona Association for Justice (formerly Arizona Trial Lawyers Association), Member
• Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
• Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, Sustaining Member
• Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, Member
• National Rifle Association, Certified Instructor
Honors and Awards
• Attorney of the Month, Attorney at Law Magazine
• The National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
• Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona Award, Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, 2008 & 2012
• Former Vice Mayor, Town of Fountain Hills
• United States Marine Corps Veteran
• Operation Desert Shield and Storm Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, 1990-91
• Operation Restore Hope, Somalia, 1992-93
• Fountain Hills Teen Court, Mentor, 2007 – Present
• Law for Kids, Mentor, 2007 – Present
• American Legion, Post #58, Member, 2008 – Present
• Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2014 – Present
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post #7507, Judge Advocate General, 2009 – Present
• Sunset Kiwanis, Past President
• Fountain Hills Republican Club, Past President
Instructional Sessions and Lectures
• Gila County Judicial Training Conference Speaker, Misdemeanor Case Flow, June 2015