Denton, Dan R.
Senior counsel and founder of Lowcountry Injury Law, Dan Denton has established himself as one of the top personal injury lawyers in Beaufort County, SC. He has a proven record of successful verdicts and settlements.
In his Personal Injury practice, Mr. Denton has litigated a wide variety of cases including matters involving Products Liability, Car Accident / Motor Vehicles, Slip & Falls, Workers Comp, Wrongful Death, Medical Negligence and §1983 civil rights violations.
Personal Injury Attorney Dan Denton has litigated cases under under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act and the Federal Tort Claim Claims Act. He has handled appeals to the South Carolina Supreme Court, South Carolina Court of Appeals, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
As a certified mediator in Civil Court Mediation, Mr. Denton is committed to the philosophy that, in most cases, mediation is the preferable means of resolving disputes as opposed to expensive, protracted and sometimes emotional litigation. He effectively uses his experience as a litigator and a mediator to resolve disputes with integrity.
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 1971)
- Lowcountry Injury Law – Daniel R. Denton, PC, Beaufort, SC (1980-Present)
- Partner of Fuge & Denton, Beaufort, SC (1977-80)
- S.C. Bar Association, Member of Sections of Trial and Appellate Advocacy, and Torts & Insurance
- Beaufort County Bar Association (Meeting/Program Director for 2 years)
- South Carolina Association for Justice (f/n/a S.C. Trial Lawyers Association)
- Admitted to all Courts of South Carolina, Federal District Court, and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Daniel R. Denton, The Law of Slip & Fall in South Carolina, SC Bar-CLE, 2014.
- Admissibility of Possible Future Damages and Anxiety Over Possible Future Medical Condition or Treatment – SC Lawyer, Sept. 2011
- Over a dozen articles written by Mr. Denton are published on Avvo.com, the world's largest online legal directory. Click Here to view articles.
- Life Member, Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum / The Top Trial Lawyers of America™ – Press Release
- Avvo Lawyer Rating: Highest Level – Superb
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2014 Top 10 Award (SC)
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents – The Litigator Awards 2014
- Rue Ratings: Best Attorneys of America
- BV® Distinguished Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, – "Very High" (4.4 of 5) Peer Review Rating
- Natonal Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Successful Verdicts – Gold Membership
- Top Lawyer, Hilton Head Monthly Magazine – The Lowcountry's Top Legal Minds, 2014
Organizations and Public Service
- Founding Member and Past President, Beaufort Kiwanis Club
- Past Member, Beaufort County School Board
- Past Member, Beaufort Architectural Review Board
- Past Member, Beaufort Zoning Board of Adjustments
- Past Member, Exchange Club
- Past President, Full Gospel Business Mens Fellowship Int'l, Beaufort Chapter
- Past President, Newpoint Community Association
In his off-time, as co-founder and President of HTTP Development, Inc., owner of Realty.com, Mr. Denton supervises strategic planning and management of the company's Website along with sons, Andrew and Matthew, and he oversees corporate and legal matters, including business alliances and intellectual property rights.
Mr. Denton lives in Beaufort, SC, with his wife, Cassy, a successful Realtor. They have four sons.