Abood, Jeffrey Lance
Jeffrey Lance Abood, born from a long line of proven and awarded lawyers, was raised in Missouri and attended Missouri Southern State University. Midway through his undergraduate education, Jeffrey decided to follow his true calling of practicing law with his family in Michigan. He graduated Summa Cum Laude (above a 3.8 GPA) from Wayne State University and earned his law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
Based in Oakland County, he practices in the areas of family law (including divorce, child custody and support) and criminal defense (including alcohol and drug related offenses and white collar crime). Additionally, Jeffrey handles cases before the Michigan Liquor Control Commission and Michigan Lottery Bureau, sat on the Criminal Justice Advisory Board of Wayne State University and serves as General Counsel to Metro-Detroit non-profit organizations.
Awards that Jeffrey has received include the “Rising Star” award from Super Lawyers Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, and “Best Divorce Lawyer – 2012 and 2013” by the readers of HOUR Detroit Magazine. Other accolades include being named one of the “Top 10 Family Law Attorneys under 40 in Michigan” in both 2014 and 2015 by the American Institute for Family Law Attorneys, as well as one of the “Top 10 under 40” by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys in 2014 and 2015.
Jeffrey was voted “Client Satisfaction 10 Best” in 2014 and 2015 by the American Institute for Family Law Attorneys; received attention as part of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” in 2015 from National Academy of Distinguished Counsel; and gained recognition from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2015 for “Client Satisfaction.” He has also been a contributor to a number of publications on the topic of divorce.
Missouri Southern State University
Wayne State University
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Hour Detroit magazine, Best Divorce Lawyer 2012 and 2013;
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2012,2013,2014, and 2015;
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Michigan, 2014 and 2015;
- American Institute for Family Law Attorneys, Client Satisfaction 10 Best 2014 and 2015;
- National Academy of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent 2015;
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, Client Satisfaction 2015;
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Top 10 Under 40 Attorney, 2014 and 2015
- Sustaining Member of The Oakland County Bar Association
- Member of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- The Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys Standardized Field Sobriety Tests Certified